Hoping to kick start your career plans in January?
It’s the most wonderful time of the year but why not take a moment (amongst the madness) for yourself over the Christmas break to focus on you and your career?
So to support you to get ready for achieving your goals in 2018 here’s my ‘5…Gold…Things…’ for your career planning. (And yes, as you can tell I love a cheesy Christmas song pun!)
- Have yourself a merry little break – a proper break. Batteries need to be recharged and ready to go in Jan so get ruthless with your to do list and prioritise ONE thing each day that you need to get done before Christmas. (The rest can wait).
- Start with your vision of what you want to achieve in your career, and set goals. Be structured and clear with your goal setting. I still find the SMART guide (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time bound) a useful starting point.
- New goals are great but don’t forget to reflect and review on the ones you’d already set, how relevant are they now? If you’re a business owner or sole trader this is the perfect time to review your business plan.
- This may sound obvious but update both your CV, AND LinkedIn profile as early in January as possible – if you’ve neglected it for a while it’ll take much longer to do.
- Start career conversations! whether it’s speaking to your boss about your next move, finding a career coach or networking with your trusted connections to get clear on what you want and what’s out there. Start putting the feelers out as soon as you can.
Wishing you all a lovely Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Successful 2018
Love Steph xx